I have updated and predicted some of our milestones - you will find them on the right hand side of the page as you scroll down.
Our flight is booked and looks like this:
Minneapolis to Washington DC
DC to Rome
Rome to Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
We will leave Minneapolis on September 24 and arrive back on October 3.
Other updates:
My favorite ladies from Maple Grove had a shower for me last week. It was great to see all my friends and to get to spend time together. Something to take my focus off the waiting. Everyone was so kind and generous, and so excited for me. I am blessed to have worked with such a great group of people.
I did have to get another couple of shots before I was able to head on over to the par-tay. So here is how that went:
I got a call from a provider who knows my fear of needles about 12:30 on Wednesday, announcing that I am scheduled for my vaccinations at 2:00 that day. Ahhhh, my heart starts racing, I hate that. 2:00, I check in for my appointment but not before recruiting a former co-worker to "hold my hand". So nurse #1 goes to find me a nurse/medical assistant who is willing to actually poke me, knowing I am suck a freak. I request the same one who saw me go down in the last round of injections. Apparently she is happy to try again (odd). This time I am scheduled for a procedure room with a table that I am required to lay on. They bring me an ice pack to rest on my neck. I ask for gum (seems like a reasonable medical request to me). I am laying down, on my pillow, with my ice pack, chewing my gum and be distracted by two other health care professionals while the third is drawing up the injections. The "shooter" the one who is actually going to be doing the poking turns and says "Is there any chance you are pregnant?". Well there isn't really, however, some recent dizzy spells and near fainting might indicate pregnancy... and stranger things have happened - three people in the last 2 days have asked if I am pregnant. OK, OK, give me the stupid test. Back up off the table, handed a cup and a wipe and directed to fill it. 5 and 1/2 minutes later we have confirmed that I am NOT pregnant - not a surprise by any means, but a relief none-the-less. Back to the exam table in the procedure room, feet up, pillow adjusted, ice pack on... wait the gum, now I am done with the gum - can I spit it out? Gum out. One patient and three medical professionals in the room. Two to talk to me and distract me, and one to do the "shooting". Needles are out, pictures of Tamene are out to distract me. WAIT... wait, wait... "You remember I don't like band-aids right? Don't put a band-aid on when you are done." YES - we know, lay down!~ Back to the photos and questions about travel - the POKE... now I am quiet, no words and just breathing. "Hey, Kamille, are you ok?" "mmm hmmm, just don't make me laugh, I will pass out", I whisper". "Are you sure you are ok?" I reply, "shhhhh mmmm hhhhmmm" Ok, I open my eyes, the faintness passes and I am ready to go. NOPE, no, now there is some protocol where they have to time how long I sit there before I am allowed to leave. 3-4 medical professionals and 50 minutes later, my shots are finally complete. Now I have all my shots, now I am all set. If I stay healthy and can avoid the need for labs, and get the nasal flu vaccinations I should easily be able to avoid needles for 18-24 months!
More important - Tamene - he is doing great. Putting on weight and growing taller - though I haven't determined if the height is due to the additional hair or actual bone growth... he has so much hair already!!! We have been hearing rumblings through the grapevine about an adorable little boy at the care center who greets all the parents and is full of energy and everyone thinks he is adorable. Something about a smile that lights up the room. Several people believe this little bundle is the one that belongs to me. You all know me. Would any of you have expected that I would get the "quiet one"? No way - you know I have the rambunctious child who is precocious and has a ton of energy. Any babysitting volunteers?
I am back on for making lists... excuse me while I obesses. I'll be back soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Guess there is more than one thing u inherited from your Gram!!! I posted a comment yesterday and don't know what happened but I don't see it...I told you being that Heaven is a local call from here I talk frequently all day and told u 3 weeks ago that u would be leaving on the 25th and would have my 8th great-grandson on 8-28-08!!!
I am so excited can barely contain myself.
Post a Comment