We are visiting Trent's parents cabin this weekend. It's bright and early in the morning. Actually it is not so bright, the sun is not out yet, but it is on it's usual path. I have managed to contract a cold. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I ran a Triathlon without preparing, but it's hard to say (read sarcasm). I know my momma told me I would pay the consequences. (BEC I hope this inspires you more in your training - I would highly recommend that you follow Soul Sisters advice to me (which I did not do) and take Airborne after your next tri.) Sorry - back to the cabin... I have a cold so sleeping is difficult. I took some cold meds that seem to keep me awake. I am sitting at the kitchen table. The window is open and there is a perfect breeze. My little dog is sitting in my lap and I can see the beautiful lake from my comfortable viewing point. The little dog thinks it's play time - she is not interested in my blogging and just wants me to give her attention. I can't put her down because everyone else is sleeping, she thinks she is a watch dog (all 8 lbs of her) so if she is not on my lap she is warning me about the sound of the wind moving the boats, as if her barking will make the wind stop.
Friday night I was home with the kids and Trent was gone over night, fishing. The kids wanted to sleep with me, I agreed. Then Angelisa was invited to a friend's house to spend the night. She packed her stuff up (with no help from me), headed to the entry way and stopped at the front door. "Mom, I don't want to go. I want to stay here and sleep with you." I told her to go ahead and we would sleep together at the cabin. So last night I snuggled in on the bottom bunk with my little girl and my little dog. As we were settling in we all got the giggles. Well the two kids and I got the giggles, poor Trent just wanted to sleep. As I lay on the bottom bunk I used my feet to push Naven's mattress - he thought this was too funny. About ten or so minutes of giggling before anyone got to rest. The rest of the night spent trying to sleep, between Angelisa kicking and Naven and Trent talking in their sleep - not so much rest for me.
I feel tired still, but I know I will not be able to sleep. Too many thoughts rush through my head. My job is going well and I am excited about the work we are doing, so many thoughts and ideas come to me in the quiet of the night. After the e-mail I received yesterday about Tamene, so many more thoughts about him and how he is doing. Knowing a glimpse more about his personality creates another rush of thoughts about how he will respond to Naven and Angelisa, and it is so exciting. So it is nice to sit here by the window, relaxing.
Soon Trent's mom will get up and ask how I slept. She will pull out what she needs to make breakfast and start coffee. Normally she would start breakfast, but today she has promised Angelisa can help. I think Angelisa will sleep late, so I anticipate we will wait until we are all hungry and then wake her. Angelisa will help Grandma make the best Monkey Bread ever for breakfast. And we will all tell Angelisa how yummy it is. Grandpa may tease her and say there is something wrong with it, just to get her riled up, then reassure her he likes it too. Naven will wake up and yell for me. "Mom, come here." I will tell him no, to come here to me, but he will demand and I will go get him and he will snuggle on my lap for a few minutes before realizing he has to get out on the dock and fish. For Naven, fishing consists of a speed method of cast and reel, some how a fish jumps on every once in a while. Oh, and he puts the minnows on by himself. He will be out there for hours, or as long as the weather permits.
The plan for lunch is to pack a picnic and head out to the sandbar on the pontoon. We will take the dogs and Luna will hide in my lap while Angelisa tries to hold her. Meadow will be the guard and ward off dogs a quarter mile in on shore. Such watch-dogs I have, fending off imaginary threats.
Luna is warning me that someone in the cabin is up. The sun's path has brought daylight, and the wind continues to relax me.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you so much Kam! I really do love to learn from other peoples mistakes/unfortunes. I continue to learn so much in my tri training. This is really a great experience and a lot of dedication. I hope this next one will be just as rewarding as the first. Thank you so much for your support - I could not have done it without you! Enough about me...CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby boy. I am so happy for you and your family. It will be so nice to finally bring Tamene home. I keep checking the post to find out when he will finally arrive and I will continue to stay tuned for more posts. This is really a great learning process. Something I never thought I would experience in life. It's truly amazing!
BEC - thanks for your support too! It means a lot!!
Post a Comment