Friday, September 5, 2008

3rd Rock From the Sun

I have done a couple of these blogs were I just plop down what I have been doing with no explanation or description behind it. I feel like that might happen here unless I hit an unexpected tangent.

Ooops, look at that, paragraph two and I found a tangent already. I found a tangent but I won't sprawl it out here. My blog is to be read by my children. I have no interest in creating a political, religious or cultural debate here on my blog. But trust me when I say I have pages of thoughts on all of those debatable topics lately and I could start a serious tangent here. This adoption process has exposed me to a whole new perspective on debatable topics. There is a new prism or lens that I see the world through. In some cases my vision is clearer and more vivid, in some cases more distorted and in other cases some horrible double vision.

In less than 3 weeks I hold Tamene for the first time. If anyone cares there is a lot of math going on in my head. Anyone who thinks numbers are black and white is completely wrong (in my humble opinion). I have done some pretty creative things with numbers, I can count the days and weeks in so many ways, depending on what I am trying to accomplish. For example: Things are going great at work and I am excited about being there and trying to get many tasks and projects completed or started before I go... at work it is a "good three weeks" until I will be out, if you ask me how long until I see my little boy I am leaving here in 2 weeks and 5 days. (Apparently paragraph 3 is a tangent as well). I don't think either of those answers is wrong, but they aren't really right either. It's all about perspective and relativity. If I go to Shawano and am returning to East Bethel, I am home when I hit the boarding town. If I go to San Diego, I am home as soon as the airplane lands in Bloomington (or whatever city the airport is in).... When I go to Ethiopia, I'll be home as soon as we hit Washington DC (our first stop in our entry back in the US). So relative to my feelings it sure is a long, long wait until we leave. Relative to my packing... HOLY BUCKETS, I have got to get PACKED!!! It's like I am leaving any second. - For a moment, I wondered if the term "Holy Buckets" would offend anyone - if you are offended, please read it as "holey buckets" - because that what this feels like, water slipping through the holes.

Daddy Trent got his clothes packed - whooo hooo! He is an awesome husband. And I must say he is an A+ packer. He has packed for me on more than one occasion (that is trust on both of our parts!). So, Super Hubby has his clothes packed and I love it. Be sure to note that I will probably check and recheck his packing just as I have rechecked my unpacked items about 100 times already. I don't know if I have acknowledged this enough, but Trent is an awesome husband! He can and does do laundry, cooking, and cleaning. He makes the bed with me every morning (at least now while I am in some sort of super clean nesting phase). He owns two growing businesses and gets the kids off to school every morning without a hitch. He is a great, great man. There are not enough words to describe him! (Is this considered a tangent?)

So packing is on the agenda this weekend. I hope to zip up and stack up the suitcases not to return to them again until it's time to travel to the airport. I know that is not very likely that I can leave them alone that long, but at least I have that as a goal. My favorite Traveling-With-Me Adopting Mom says she has unpacked her packed items now so I am sure it will happen to me. I get to meet, in person, my favorite Traveling-With-Me Adopting Mom next weekend - I am so excited! I hope I don't offend her by saying this, but I think we are equally crazy but in slightly different ways. She has packed and entire suitcase of food, I have packed an entire suitcase of medication. She has packed shower repair items including caulk; I have packed a birthday party (don't ask). She is buying a car (fun convertible) before we leave - I am hosting a co-worker get-together before we leave. I hope she and I can both get everything we bought actually packed, and arrive in Ethiopia with at least some sanity (sanitary? sane-ity?, I would take either).

Oh, other things that are new BEC completed another Triathlon - I am going to nick name her Wonder Woman and buy her a cape! She is awesome, if you know her pat her on the back and congratulate her for another "finish". She's more of a quadrathlete - her "finish" requires a biffy! (BEC - now do you see why it is better if I do not mention you in the blog?)

What else? I don't know what else... I am ready to go, we are all tired of this long wait, and I just want to get him and get home. Home can be Washington DC, Bloomington, MN or East Bethel... I just want to be someplace, anyplace that I can call home! I guess that planet Earth could be considered "home" but I am not going far enough away for me to consider that relative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am really LMAO right now. That is hilarious. I love to be mentioned in the blog. You know I can handle any flack you give me. You ARE the greatest! And thank you for the kudos also. I feel like I haven't gotten as many pats on the back this time...probably because I am not "showing off" all my bling I got from this last quadathlon. Second place just sounds so much better than fifth. But hey I didn't finish last which was my goal. Thanks again for the pat on the back. It means so much to hear it from you...my tri-mentor. If you need some quad-mentoring for YOUR next race just let me know!