Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stay calm—do not rush—do not panic

I found a few quotes that I want to comment on. But before I start I want to tell you about the title of this post. I was looking for a catchy phrase about staying calm - an "ironic" title for a post about excitement. In the process I found many Google Search results that includeded "In event of an emergency, stay calm." Or, "In case of fire - stay calm." I only found one result (in my brief search) with this statement, "In event of an emergency stay CALM!" I just thought it was an interesting observation. To emphasize the topic take note of the word EXCITE in all its forms.



I am feeling very excited and wanted a few words of advice from "experts":



Fear is EXCITEMENT without breath. -Robert Heller


Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, EXCITINGLY, imaginatively, unless you can choose a challenge instead of a competence. -Eleanor Roosevelt


Enjoyment, on the other hand, is not always pleasant, and it can be very stressful at times. A mountain climber, for example, may be close to freezing, utterly exhausted, and in danger of falling into a bottomless crevasse, yet he wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Sipping a piña colada under a palm tree at the edge of the turquoise ocean is idyllic, but it just doesn't compare to the EXHILARATION he feels on the windswept ridge. - Unknown


Think EXCITEMENT, talk EXCITEMENT, act out EXCITEMENT, and you are bound to become an EXCITED person. Life will take on a new zest, deeper interest and greater meaning. You can think, talk and act yourself into dullness or into monotony or into unhappiness. By the same process you can build up inspiration, EXCITEMENT and surging depth of joy - Normal Vincent Peale

Nothing is so aggravating than calmness. -Oscar Wilde


Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the little everyday miracles and get EXCITED about the privileges of simply being human. -Tim Hansel


Seize the moment of EXCITED curiosity on any subject to solve your doubts; for if you let it pass, the desire may never return, and you may remain in ignorance. -William Wirt



I have been holding this post for a couple of days, wanting to comment on each of the quotes. But I have decided to let them speak for themselves.

No comments: