Monday, October 13, 2008

Much love to all...

(warning: possible Kleenex post)
I know I have mentioned in previous posts, I try to be careful about who or what I reference, as some people are more private than others. Or, there are things that just don't seem appropriate to share.

I do want to protect privacy, but there are a couple of incidents that I want here for the purpose of documentation. As tired and overwhelmed as Trent and I are, there are blocks of time missing from our memory from the past couple of weeks. When I read over my notes on our trip to Ethiopia, some of it was a surprise to me. So I'd like to justify the following post by saying, with all due respect, this is for documentation for us and our children about this time in our lives, I ask for forgiveness in advance if this seems inappropriate.

Saturday we buried Luna. We took her to Jamie's parents farm and she rests now near the dog the Macks recently lost. It's amazing what we (humans) can find comfort in. Luna is buried with a bone and few outfits I bought her as a puppy (mostly to irritate Trent), and all the tears of serendipity I could fit in one little wooden box. We said our good byes and each of the children shoveled a little piece of earth onto the box. It's amazing how much of my heart went into that box. It's a good thing that love and heart are infinite...

Sunday (yesterday) we went to the hospital to visit Trent's grandpa. He has not been feeling well and all the family went to visit. Grandpa was able to meet Tamene and we were able to tell him about our trip to Africa. Today... tonight, Grandpa has gone home to his final resting place. I feel honored and blessed to have met this man and his wife, who is an amazing Grandma, and to have shared our adoption journey before he passed. There is much more I could say, but I want to respect that this is a difficult and sad time for our family. I just want to say that we loved Grandpa and that he will be missed greatly by this family.

Much love to all our friends and family. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kamille. I cannot think of one thing to say that is not a cliche. I'm thinking of you-- lots. Hugs to your family.

Anonymous said...

My heart,love,tears and prayers,
Dear one, go out to your family and Trentons. God gave you Tamena and took Grandpa home to a better place..
Luv u gram