Friday, October 10, 2008

Theory of Relativity

We are all doing fine today. I'd say that things seem more normal today. But I am confident that I don't know what normal is any more. Thanks to everyone who helped us make it through the last 48 hours, and thanks for all the calls to check in on us.

Tamene and Meadow have mostly called a truce. Tamene will allow Meadow in his space without screaming, but if she gets too close he will try to step on her or throw something. Poor Meadow. Don't worry, we are working with Tamene to correct the problem. He seems to be getting it... well actually he always seems to get it, the question is how long and hard he wants to test the limits before actually following directions.

Tamene ran and played so very hard yesterday. We thought he would be wiped out and sleep right through the night. Nope. And he was up this morning full of energy and ready to go again. I am going to blame this on continued jet lag, time confusion of some kind. I can't wait to see the mess I have on my hands when he finally crashes. Or maybe he does indeed come equipped with this much energy. Only time will tell. Or maybe a little study on E=mc2, will help me figure out how much energy he has left? If nothing else works, I will have to start moving a lot faster and hope for the Theory of Relativity to kick in!

Wish us well on our first coherent weekend together as a family of 5, may we all have as much or more energy than Tamene.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mama Energy! I loved spending time with you and your wonderful family yesterday. Tamene is a perfect compliment to your family.

You must call me again to come up or I may be knocking on your door with some injera in hand ready for Tamene to throw.