I have learned that the world is a very big place. And I am a very small piece of it.
I have learned that doing anything to improve the world, no matter how small, is huge.
I have learned that love comes in many packages; it is not for me to decide, but for my heart to accept.
I have learned how little I know, how little control I have, and how everything can be put into perspective. It's a choice I make.
I have learned that I cannot be taught patience, but that patience will be applied to me as needed, I do not have control.
The smile of a child is one of the greatest gifts that we can receive.
No matter how long you live, in the end, you have lived exactly long enough.
Family means love; biology doesn't have the final say.
Loss prepares us and gives us strength. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.
Letting other people help is a sign of strength and wisdom, not weakness.
The power of the statement "ask and ye shall receive" is as powerful as "if you do not ask, you will not receive"
Opportunities are only opportunities if you seize them.
Don't judge, educate.
Fear is just an excuse. (I can catch a Hershey bar out the window at 70 mph.
Friendship is not measured by the quantity, it is measured by the quality.
Never under estimate the power of ice cream.
All of these words, from "Once upon a time" until, "They all lived happily ever after" have been about my journey before meeting Tamene, Before I Knew You.
I still have a lot to learn about little Tamene, I still have a lot to learn about each of my children, and they have a lot to teach me. I am so grateful for each of my precious gifts and the ability to share them with my wonderful husband.
At this very moment my three children sleep together, and comfort each other to sleep through the night. Sharing love and comfort and understanding of what each needs, and what each must sacrifice, to support each other through another night of sleep.
May I continuously encounter opportunities to learn and to be taught.
No comments:
Post a Comment