A quick update on Tamene. More to come on the trip, maybe tomorrow I will have time.
Tamene is adjusting well. He has been "trained" very well by the nannies how to get his way. He knows when to be cute and when to throw a tantrum. When I say cute, I mean cute. He flips a switch and goes from whatever to a big pucker for a kiss or arms wide for the tightest hug he can offer. And when I say tantrum, we are talking classic, on the floor rolling from side to side. You can even catch him checking to make sure he has your attention before creating a bigger scene if needed.
He appears to be a bit of a planner (awe, momma's boy). He seems to decide an action in his head before he carries it out. What makes that interesting is he goes from general play to mischievous in under 2 seconds. He dismantles the vents and inserts random items. I have had to retrieve a calculator, pencil, and measuring tape. There was a super ball that just didn't make it, I suspect it rests near a filter somewhere in the silver pipe it calls heaven.
Tamene is adjusting to Luna (our small dog), but met Meadow (our large dog) for the first time today. His reaction to both was similar to start. He things they are pretty cool as long as they are more than mom's arms distance away. Any closer than that and Tamene turns into a screaming cling-on. Or at least that was true when he first met Luna. As of tonight, Meadow is a monster in his mind, but he did decide to kiss Luna, so I felt that was excellent progress.
We went to the doctor today. For fear of being judged now, or by Tamene in the future, I won't tell you the details, but considering the circumstances he is "healthy". We have lots of follow up to watch his growth and ensure he has all the immunities we would expect. Consider the appointment "good news" on all accounts.
Siblingdom... this is going well too. Angelisa is a great helper as expected and she is also a great teacher. She worked hard tonight to get Tamene to accept Meadow. She understood that it might be too soon, but she didn't give up. Naven is doing well too. He really is in love with Tamene. He wants so badly for Tamene to just curl up next to him and be a baby brother. Tonight Naven wanted Tamene to sleep by him. Now mind you, Naven has an auto cry switch that can be turned on by telling him it is time to go to bed... but he thought Tamene should just climb right into bed with him, curl up and go to sleep. His heart was broken when it didn't happen that way. Tamene also has an auto cry switch related to any movement towards sleeping or resting time. So quite the pair they are!
Mommy and Daddy are doing well too. I won't speak for Trent but in my opinion he is doing well, recovering from jet lag and taking charge wherever he can or I don't. Our team skills are not lacking. I am recovering from a very bad cold and have horrible outbreak of cold sores. I look a bit like I have been in the boxing ring. I can't say I am as resilient in the jet lag area as Jamie and Trent have been, but I am coming along. It's been rainy today and that doesn't help at all. It doesn't help my jet lag and it sure doesn't help Tamene wear off any extra energy!
Tamene turns 3 in just a few days... it really was never the terrible twos for any parent, was it? It's the independent threes that will get you. I have a few more days to get rested before we start that chapter!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment