Thursday, September 25, 2008

First day in Ethiopia

From Kamille:

Hi all we are here in Ethiopia, we arrived on time and managed to get through all the security points without much trouble. Well except I asked Soul Sister to carry some Lysol Wet Wipes and she got stopped twice, they frisked her and took to a private room and reprimanded her for carrying such paraphernalia. (Ok, it didn't quite happen that way, but she did get asked about the wipes on two occasions).

We did venture out while we were in DC (thanks Deb). We had a great lunch and walked around a bit. Maybe we will do it again on the way home.

We all are missing our babies in the US, but excited to meet Tamene tomorrow.

We did see Donald Trump waiting for a bus in DC, I got pictures :-)

ohh gotta go, important info being delivered.

More later!

p.s. this trip seemed like a reality show in some ways. It seemed that we were waiting for a call or update so we would know what would happen next. I was glad Jamie, Trent and I were such good packers, it made us less likely to get "voted out" of the house.

No comments: