I have two children, I am about to add one; that equals me being a mother of three. A mother of three? What? I signed up to adopt a child, it hadn't occurred that it would result in me being a mother of three. This is where basic math is helpful and why you WILL use math when you grow up! Though, I was a good student, I paid close attention, I never heard anyone say if you have two children and you add one you become a "Mother of Three". I can say with 100% confidence that the words "Mother of Three" were not in ANY math book I ever had my hands on. I can also say that even Home Economics class indicated I would only be the mother of one (one 5 pound bag of flour). Maybe school wasn't as helpful as I thought.
But I am a Mother of Three(MOT)... I'm a MOT. And for all those friends who are a Mother of One (MOO)... you are a MOO, you can stay that way if you want, but I'd rather be a MOT than a MOO, that's just me though. (Wow, that was a weird thought).
More numbers for you...
We decided to adopt 11/07
We completed our paperwork (officially waiting) 4/08
We received our referral 6/08
It took us exactly 6 weeks to get our referral. And it looks like from decision the to adopt until we bring him home may be about 8 months.
We were #62 on the unofficial wait list at the time of referral.
Now we are racing the clock to get through court before courts close. Courts in Ethiopia are closed in August and September, meaning, if we don't beat the clock we can't get our son until October. When we accepted our referral I thought we would be good to clear court, we were just 4 days behind those who were mostly a clear shoot to get through in time. Today I heard from our Social Worker that the team working with us is working very hard to get us through, and that we are cutting it close. They cannot be sure we will get through. Now, you know I hate to wait, and in this case I'm going to take the gamble and say I feel like we will get through in July. But, for a sure bet, put your money on October as the latest.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment