I've been a little distracted lately, a lot going on and a lot of trouble focusing. I feel tired, exhausted and overwhelmed. Too much focus on expectations. I am only human, I just can't meet my own standards and everyone else's. That said, I wanted to post, but really don't know where to start, so I am looking for some positives to catch/keep my focus. I hope these make you smile and maybe even think a little. (clearly thoughts from a scattered mind).
Did you know this is National Turkey Lovers' Month (June)? I'd like to interpret this as "Love the country of Turkey and it's people", versus the animal or as a form of food. And for those of you who don't know, I am Turkish and you should feel free to celebrate my existence in whatever way results in gifts and kind words for me.
Also, today, June 23, is National Pink Day. I am wearing pink and would like some bonus points from the universe for this. I don't normally wear pink, so don't try to dismiss it as coincidence, clearly there is some important meaning here, I just have to figure out what it is. :-)
Most importantly, tomorrow is National/International/Global Forgiveness Day. I can't find any solid documentation on this day being sanctioned, but is there really a day that you would say is not, or cannot, be Forgiveness Day? We all make mistakes, no one is perfect. Everyone has different standards and sometimes we just need to have a heart of forgiveness that it's ok that people may not meet our expectations. It's ok that everyone is different. Forgive yourself, forgive a friend or family member. Forgive and have peace.
June 28 is National Let-it-Go day. So if you just can't bring yourself to forgive, you have 5 days to "let-it-go". Whatever has been bothering you... let it go.
Here is one final thought - I was looking for quotes on the subject of clarity. I found this interesting quote:
When the defects of others are perceived with so much clarity, it is because one possesses them oneself - Jules Rendard
(Trent's psychoanalysis of this blog is that it is representative of how I have been feeling lately, that I would find crazy holidays, represents that I have been feeling crazy lately!)
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Best blog ever!
Post a Comment