Here are 20 mantras from Eileen McDonnell, a VP in a male dominated industry at age 27. She says these mantras will put you on the path to becoming a powerful professional. In my opinion these are just general rules to live your life by! I found them while doing some research for work tonight. I really don't want to be doing work, I really want to read to my new son... ohh, umm, yeah, I bought a tape recorder and Trent is supposed to sing him a song each morning with the kids and Angelisa and I read him a story each night and we are going to send it to him in Ethiopia along with a blanket from us! Anyway, I am doing work (the kind you get paid for) and I thought these were great mantras from Eileen McDonnell to post here for my memory and as a reminder to me. I also hope they inspire friends and extended family... but mostly I hope to instill these beliefs in my children as they seek a successful life in spirituality, family, health, and career.
- Gain control of your life - balance work, family, friends and your health.
- Courage and motivation - Have it and empower those with whom you work, with it.
- Overcoming fear and obstacles - Identify and eradicate.
- Passion for destiny - Always focus on the goal and keep moving towards it.
- Form a 'web of success' with people in your life - Surround yourself with positive supporters, trusted advisors and loyal family & friends.
- Turning points - Look at each crossroad in life as an opportunity to grow.
- Your Intuition is right 90% of the time. Follow your gut instincts. Trust in yourself.
- Understand the big picture of your life: how is your uniqueness of benefit to others now and in the future?
- Give gratitude - To those who help you along the way and make a difference in your life.
- Discover - from where did you get your drive? Parents give us values, respect, self esteem.
- Understand where your success traits came from so you can capitalize on them and replenish them when necessary.
- Not everything is perfectly clear. Don't be afraid. Fear kills the spirit. Just go for it!
- Honor your responsibilities - to your family, friends & communities.
- If you start a task, finish it.
- "Talent" - don't believe in it. Courage and passion come from an insatiable love of life and appreciation for it.
- Choose consciously to see the beauty and richness in life.
- I think everyone has something they love to do - it is a matter of finding it.
- Live each day without regret.
- Find the little things that make you happy and do more of them.
- Create your own reality - by seizing the opportunities. Make your achievements as good as your dreams.
- If you believe in who you are - keep going. Never stop.
Back to work... my little boy in Ethiopia is waiting for his bedtime story, tonight is Goodnight Moon!
No comments:
Post a Comment