Monday, June 30, 2008

The deadliest catch and other tales

Salmon fishing expedition 2008: Team Big Shvundo.

My brother indicates that the name of his boat is "Team Big Shvundo". According to him Shvundo means "fun" in Bohemian. I tried to Google it, worried "fun" might roughly translate to some strange innuendo I wasn't prepared for. Google turned up nothing, so I decided I shouldn't be doing any damage by posting the word in my blog (if this is some strange profanity, please notify me immediately, this is a G rated blog!)

Day 1 starts at 2:00am- 1 big boat, 1 Great Lake, 1 motion sickness tablet, 1 extremely long nap (the word "dramamine" translates to "coma" in my world), and 1 big fish, complements of the other fisherwoman on the boat.

Day 2 starts at 1:ooam - ZERO motion sickness medication, 1 bad belly ache, and 7 fish. Two fish complements of my talented fishing (fish on, pole handed to me, and step-by-step instruction on how to reel it in). There was also an interesting CB radio conversation between the "Salmonator" and the "Skinny Dipper" the most hilarious part of the conversation was the names, I don't have more to report on the details of the conversation.

I decided that a Triathlon is easier than Salmon fishing. Though I would prefer another round of Salmon fishing to another Triathlon. But, I plan to do both again.

Thanks to Baby Brother for the excellent chartering job, we all had a blast.

(John O and Fischer, let's go this weekend - Baby Brother approves, weather permitting)

Apparently the assignment of a court date managed to keep me "satisfied" for the weekend. Once I got home I resumed the passion to pack. Another huge round of shopping tonight. I have a bedroom full of Target bags. I have no idea how all that stuff will fit into 4 suitcases, and I still haven't actually packed my clothes. I'd tell you how much we have spent in purchases, but the number is embarrassing.

Edit: I posted this last night and as of this morning this "team shvundo" is now a Googlewhack - ok it's not an official Googlewhack, but it's intriguing. (I found this in one final attempt to make sure "shvundo" is not a profanity in disguise).

No comments: