It's been a while since my last blog (the last blog is a video, most of you can't view that at work, that's why it looks blank, try from home).
First, I would like to announce that I ran a triathlon on Sunday. My goal was to not finish last... and I didn't finish last. I completed the entire race and I lived to tell the story. There is a lot to learn about how your body responds when you ask it to perform in a way that it has never performed before, under circumstances that it has never experienced before and without information about how to provide it the nourishment it needs. There are moments from the race that are completely gone from my memory. OK, I know some of you are desperate to know how I placed... 704 of 796. If you do the math that makes me part of the Elite US population who even attempted a triathlon that day. It also proves the point that you achieve the goals you set. I didn't place last, I have achieved my goal!
Next, I started a new job in January. I love my job. I work with people I like, I get to do work I like to do, and they pay me. Three months later, in April they announced that there would be a restructure of the department (read "downsize" for the purpose of this blog). They brought out the new org chart and my job wasn't on it. BUMMER! Well actually none of the current jobs were on it, a complete upset of the apple cart. We are still in the middle of the restructure and it's hard for everyone. BUT, I was given a job and I think I will love it as much as the one I have today. For those of you in IS (information systems, the computer people) I will be working with the ITIL processes for those of you who aren't computer people... I will be doing process improvement. My goal was to land a job here in computer land, I like these people a lot. I met my goal, they are going to let me stay!!
Last. Last but certainly not least. Adoption update: WE GOT A REFERRAL. We just accepted this morning. Boy, born 10-11-05. The agency cautions against posting too much information on the internet until the child is officially and legal ours. At this time the agency believes that we will be through court before the end of July. This means there is a very good chance we will be home with our little boy in 8 weeks!
I don't know what else to say. We are excited, we are SO excited. A little boy, oh, I have a bedroom to paint - it currently has flowers and butterflies. Mom, help!
This process has been short for us, much shorter than many others, but we've had time to think and wonder and question if this is right for us. And it is! It is so right. How can it be wrong? Bringing a child into our home, no matter what the age, or gender, or size, or color... it's just right!!
I am still very much in shock. I can't believe we have a new son. I will post more information as I have it.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YIpee and congrats! I can not wait to meet your most recent addition to your family!
Post a Comment