I am sure you are wondering how I feel day one post Triathlon experiment. Let's just say it feels a lot like I swam a quarter mile, biked seventeen miles and ran three point one miles. I don't think I need to exaggerate, I feel every last stroke, pedal and step. I feel every last wave, hill and march in every part of my body. Nothing was spared. Experiment results: training for competitive sports will spare you from pain and injury. The funny part is I think I knew this before my experiment. Oh well, now I have first hand proof- see my positive mental attitude at work?
Tonight Soul Sister and I were calculating when we would be traveling to Ethiopia (just to throw it out there we= Trent, me, Soul Sister - more on that later).
The agency says it will be 8-12 weeks from our court date until we travel. Apparently they don't know me very well. I do not have the patience to wait that long. In my world, time just doesn't work that way. Oh, and rules like that also don't apply to me, they just don't. If there is a loop hole in the system, I will find it. I have completely abandoned the idea of waiting contentedly. If you e-mail me I'll send you his picture and you will understand why.
In any case, I have made many references to the parallels between pregnancy and adoption. Soul Sister was kind enough to point one more out, this one I don't like at all. She asks some crazy question about when my kids were born and their due dates... were they on time? "Yes, yes they were on time." Thanks so much for asking that encouraging question. If we have to wait more than 8 weeks, say 10 weeks because that would be considered "on time" in an 8-12 week scenario, I am going to explode. It's Trent's fault he's on time, the kids are on time. Not to say that I am early, I just know how to "work the system" even if I am running late. Angelisa lectured me on my timeliness the other day. Picture this, said by an 8 year-old with as much sweat and sarcastic humor as any 8 year old would have the ability to conjure up, "You know you are not a very good example as a parent?"
Me: I'm not?
Angelisa: Nope (note smile in the voice)
Me: Why do you say that?
Angelisa: Because you tell us to get ready to leave and you just keep typing on the computer.
Me: Is Daddy a better example?
Angelisa: Yes
Me: Why?
Angelisa: Because he puts all of our stuff in the car and makes sure we have everything we need, THEN he tells us to put our shoes on.
Me: That's why Daddy is better than me (note smile in the voice)
Angelisa: [Smiles back]
Me: Fine, lets go.
My point is, the kid is on time like her dad. So is Naven. Do you know how bad I wanted those babies to come out of my belly early. I took the advice of some Google searches and drank tea, and ate strange foods, etc. I was ready to meet my babies. I didn't mind being pregnant, but I hated waiting to meet my babies. I tried to get them out early, I really, really tried. But no! They both came exactly on their due date. Exactly. Thanks Daddy!
So, once again, Soul Sister brings me back to reality. I might, just might have to wait for Tamene to be on time like the others. But maybe my power of the Positive Mental Attitude will get my little boy here in record time. Let's place bets to see who is most in tune with the universe... Trent, Mr. On Time or me Mrs. I Gotta Have it My Way, Right Away (Burger King?)
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Angelisa is so perfect. I will always remember the time we had to pick up that little girl and we had a full car. Angelisa asks where the little girl will sit. We laughed because we never thought of that. Is she going to grow up like her father and give scatterbrained people like myself advice? I think she's doing it now...
I love you muy mucho!!!
xo
Jamie
Post a Comment