This blog is inspired by a question from another faithful reader of my blog. I know she has said a few prayers for me in my time of need. I appreciate her insight and questions they make me see things from another point of view.
Yesterday she asked what was going on in my life during the time Tamene was born. Computers offer an amazing amount of information about a person. There among my electronic files I found a snapshot of my life in October 2005. A blurry picture, but better than the blank slate that existed before my research.
I looked at my old files to see if I could tell what was going on in my life when Tamene was born. Actually the week or so prior to his birth I spent a week in Chicago for work; then about a week after his birth I was in Vermont. Apparently I was job hunting in the mean time, it appears I was updating my resume pretty frequently during this time. The averageness of what was going on in my day to day life just doesn't do justice for what was going on in the world and how it would affect my future. Had I even a glimpse of the random possibility that I might be here 2 1/2 years later, obviously, I would have stopped to honor this time for Tamene, and his birth mother. Oblivious to a world beyond my own, I was wrapped in a job, and missing my children and husband as I traveled. Tamene was born on a Tuesday.
Monday's child is fair of face. (ANGELISA)
Tuesday's child is full of grace. (TAMENE)
Wednesday's child will fear no foe. (NAVEN)
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving. (ME)
Saturday's child works hard for a living, (TRENT)
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.
I read a little about the origin of this poem/rhyme, interesting... that's all just interesting.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tamene's birthmother also told us he was born on the second day of the week.
Post a Comment