I wish the video they sent me of Tamene had a counter on it so I would know how many times I have watched it. I just watch and watch.
Tamene is a beautiful child. He seems to have a laid back personality, he seems to make others smile and he enjoys smiling and laughing. He appears to be a thoughtful child. He appears to enjoy moving around and moving to music.
In the video it shows him eating. It's a HUGE spoon and he opens his mouth even wider to get the large spoon in. Every single time I watch this, I laugh.
Right now I continue to anticipate the possibility that he may be afraid of Trent and I at first. He may not want to leave his nannies, or he may have other adults he wold like to interact with. But as I watch the video I believe that he will be happy to have adults (us) who want to connect with him. I think he will accept us quickly. As he plays, I watch and see that he wants to have a parent to "check in" with. He looks for someone to "watch" him, as all children at this age do. "Mom, watch me, watch this, look at me!"
Waiting contentedly seems wrong in light of this video. I don't feel right even thinking that I am content with the state of my little boy being there without a momma to hold him and protect him, or without the loving arms of his family. In the bottom of my stomach is an ache that will not go away, I believe there is only one cure... to hold my son in my arms.
Tamene, Mommy loves you!
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment