Monday, July 14, 2008

Count down - FOUR

Friday is our "court date" - four days to go! Another reminder that "court date" means that someone in Ethiopia will take our paperwork and Tamene's paperwork and represent us in the Ethiopian court. If everything is approved, we will be officially and legally recognized as his parents as of the 18th. Talk about building anxiety!

Other updates of note... The "nursery" is done. The boys will be sharing a room. I decided we would offer the name nursery so that I could make the following statement. "Not just every one can paint black in their new baby's nursery"... I'll try to post some pictures, but there is one black wall in the room. I love the rooom, it's perfect. Naven likes it too. Soul Sister helped to paint and arrange it. THANKS SISTER!!!

I have a couple of stories that family have sent for the "before I knew you stories" for Tamene, I hope more of you are able to send some this week. (Just e-mail me any thoughts or stories about the process, or family, and inspiriting quote, I am just looking for a memorable way to track those who were a part of this journey with us).

Thanks too, to all the frieds who came to visit over the weekend. It helps the wait go faster when I have things like this to keep me busy. It was great to see everyone!


Here's to ending the week as Tamene's momma!
Wish me well!

Thanks again for everyone's support and encouragement, we need it more than ever this week.

No comments: