Recently I felt some guilt for not including some people in this blog - guilt??? Seriously, why should anyone "want" to be in a blog about my son - I must think highly of myself (is she trying to be funny?). I am proud of my blog to be honest. I will guilt people who ask me questions that are answered here. "Umm, you would know that if your read my blog." Mostly I do it to be funny, except for a few people who are, as my friends and family, obligated to read. Sister-in-Love is the mostly likely to be harrassed for asking as question answered here. And she should be subject to public humility for it (case and point). I guess my expectation of her is not only to read this but to understand every detail. A lot to expect from my sporadic, stray topic, say-what-I-think blog.
But to justify my insanity I decided to think through it - Why are some people mentioned more than others? Influence in my life and history with me is the best answer I can come up with. My mom and grandma were there when I was growing up, I know how they respond to me and I can often accurately predict how they will respond. So I know how much and what I can write about them without getting in trouble, you all know how I like a little trouble. Also some of my friends who have been closely involved in the process, they have been there with me through the whole process, every day sending e-mails, asking questions and calling, they end up here a lot. They understand the process and they are so excited with me. Maybe some of them pretend to be excited, but frankly I don't care. I would pretend for them and they should pretend for me! That's like money in the bank of friendship. I think of Friend Goddess, I don't get to talk to her very often, but I feel like she has closely followed what's going on with this adoption, she has thought about how it affects her, and us ,and our relationship though it is more distant than it was at one time, this is big for us in our own way. But there is genuine interest, genuine excitement and great questions from Friend Goddess. To me those things make me feel the need to blog, it's what makes me glad I started this blog. A place to remember the people who are being so very supportive.
There are many people who are being extremely supportive who are not mentioned here, friends and family. Often they are not mentioned because I don't know how they would react to reading about themselves in black and white, or to hear about it through the grapevine. Some of them don't appreciate my sense of humor (and that's ok, I just don't want to blantantly offend anyone). And some of them, I just assume, would like to maintain their privacy.
And, since it worked so well for me last time, one more round of guilt for those who said they would send a letter to Tamene but have not. (Thanks to those who did respond so nicely to my guilt trip last time). Just make note, Sister-in-Love may think she is off the hook with that whole blog about the name, but she is again subject to public humiliation if she doesn't send a letter.
If you wonder about my earlier line about not appreciating my sense of humor reread that last line and replace SHE with your name . ... but SHE is again subject to public humiliation... can you handle it?
I even considered the appropriateness of this blog post but inspired by Elizabeth Gilbert in her book Eat, Pray, Love, I decided to go for it. Frist, I highly recommend the book, but refuse to be responsible for subjecting "sensitive" people to Part 3 of the book "Love". If you are easily offended stick to the Eat and Pray sections - yes even the pray section will not offend the easily offended (maybe the "super easily offended" - those people should avoid media all together). In her book she talks about there being 3 levels in a language class. She has no idea what criteria makes up each level, but she knows she doesn't want to be in the lowest level class. She doesn't care what the criteria is for level 2, she at least has to be in that class. My opinion: she cared about other's opinions. Sometimes I care what people think, sometimes I don't. I care what some people think, I don't care what others think - aren't we all like that at some level? Do you care what the "Bobs" think about you? (c'mon there are a couple of you movie nerds that know the Bob's).
FOLLOW UP FROM PREVIOUS POST (some editing to protect privacy)
From Grandma Babe after my last post about her
O>K> I am going to bed now ......Thank you Kam from the bottom of my heart That is all so beautiful......Hope and pray that u get your message Fri and that it isn't false labor and u don't have to wait any longer....almost 9 months...Have you thought about the fact that when you first talked to trenton about this adoption the packers and the vikings were playing and brett farve announced his retirement.....Now that your waiting for your call, brett is back in the news every day and they are talking about him playing for the Vikings as a possibility...Quite a coincidence!!!!!!!!! I am off to sleep and my little boy a world away is just waking up I love you and my babies and of course the hubby lol After all he made me those two beautiful babies ===== with the help of the momma, grandma and great-grandma genes!!!!!!!!!!!
From Grandma Babe on Thursday night after midnight - Start of the day of court:
IT IS AFTER MIDNITE AND YOUR LABOR HAS STARTED !!!!!!! PRAY IT WILL BE NO MORE THAN 24 HOURS AND NOT 3 OR 4 DAYS ====LUV U
THIS IS FOR YOU!!!!!
(e-mail included pic of hundreds of balloons being released)
Life is too short to wake up with regrets.
Love the people who treat you right.
Forget about the ones who don't.
Believe everything happens for a reason.
If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.
If it changes your life, let it.
Nobody said life would be easy.
They just promised it would be worth it. Friends are like balloons.
Once you let them go, you can't get them back.
So I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you.
Grandma after the announcement that we are through court:
YAHOO WHOOPIE YIP TO DO JUMPING UP AND DOWN SPINNING AROUND DANCING SINGING CAN'T THINK OF ANY MORE I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grandma, moments after the previuos e-mail:
R U ABLE TO CONTAIN YOURSELF?????????/ I CAN'T I AM JUST SHAKING THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WAY LATER IN THE DAY GOING TO GO LAY DOWN AND REST FOR AWHILE jUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT BUT THEN WITH YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU LORD PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ***************
From my mom in the midst of Grandmas e-mails:
Congratulations MaMa
Mom was at work, I understand her brevity and appreciate her taking time out to send an e-mail.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish more people would comment on your blogs. I like to be nosey and see what other people are thinking. I live for comments.
Last week I was wondering "why isn't she writing about me in her blog. Would I know if she was writing about me because she is trying to keep privacy?" Thank you for your post on Monday. I realized it's not really about me; it's about you and your experience. Now I don't have to worry about you blogging about me...I just did it myself! But feel free if you like...I don't mind at all!
Ouch, I'm really behind. I should be commenting and I'm not, I should be checking daily, and I'm not. I should have written a note to Tamene and I have not. I'm on it now though folks. Guess my pet chicken (ha! got ya back for some of the harassment I have gotten - without knowing it) has again put life back into perspective for me. Thanks! Love ya!!!
Post a Comment