Saturday, July 5, 2008
The little one said, "Roll over, roll over"
Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) by the Dixie Chicks is in the video posted above.
I slept on an airmatress between my two peanuts the last two nights. Slightly cool air moving over us, making them snuggle in as close as they could. Oh, I love them. Sometimes one would roll over and put an arm around me, sometimes one would realize she had moved a little to far to keep warm, and then move right back in to the 98.6 zone. I loved falling asleep with them and I loved waking up with them. They are a part of me, I feel whole when we are all toghether, being connected. Trent was close by, I wished we all could have been together, right next to each other all sharing warmth and breath. I woke up yesterday and wondered where would our baby boy sleep? I have a right side and a left side... room for one child on each side, perfect for the last two nights.
I woke up thinking about the little rhyme:
There were three in the bed and the little one said, "Roll over, roll over."
So they all rolled over and one fell out,
Now there's two in the bed and the little one said, "Roll over, roll over."
So they both rolled over and one fell out,
Now there's one in the bed and the little one said,
I'm lonely, I'm lonely...
So they all got back in.
Later in the morning, I asked Angelisa, "Where will all of you fit, all three of you, if we sleep together?" Angelisa decided that Naven would be on one side, Angelisa on the other, and Tamene could sleep on my belly. I thought this was a creative solution, but presented the thought that it might be difficult for me to sleep all night with a two year old on my chest. Angelisa decided that one child could lay above my head. Well, I can't argue with that, I just don't know which child should have that spot.
Godspeed, little man. Sweet dreams little man! Oh, my love will fly to you each night on angels wings. We cannot wait to be together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment