One week and four days until our court date. Then we wait for the birth certificate, then we wait for a travel date, then we wait to travel. Aside from a possible update around the 20th of the month, we really can't expect to know anything new until next month when the birth certificate arrives. Hmmm, the waiting - sigh.
If there were to be any waiting contentedly, it is about spending time with my kids/family and enjoying my new job. I am happy that I get some time to get the ball rolling with my new job, that helps me to wait contentedly. As I mentioned, I refuse to wait contentedly for little Tamene, he needs his momma and daddy!
Today I was able to pester some of my super-fantastic friends (Keith Harrell, who needs an attitude coach with friends like this?). They are assisting me in getting donations for the care center. I received a list, from our country specialist, of items that are needed at the care center. Some of the items are just not available in Ethiopia, or sometimes there is a shortage of an item due to power outages or just intermittent availability. It appears that some of my super-fantastic friends are getting the ball rolling finding me donations and I won't be disappointed if I need to bring another suitcase! Thanks all!
(thanks to the super-fantastic friend who left several boxes of baby clothes in my cube for me to use!!)
Calling all other super-fantastic friends and family (and any other blog readers :-):
I have a favor to ask...
I would like to create a keepsake, that would have a few words to Tamene from each of you. A short letter, poem, quote, funny story, words of advice, or blessings would be some of the content I would be looking for. Send me an e-mail and please sign it with whatever you would like me to note for you as the author on this blog ( i.e. kampossible, kp-minnesota, Kamille, anonymous, etc). I hope to put this together in the next 2-3 weeks. Since the name of the blog is, "Before I Knew You" I would like to have it posted before we all know him. (some of you will get an e-mail requesting you write something - grandmas be prepared!).
It appears that I have been taking life too seriously. A shortage of funny stories makes me wonder what is different. I have a goal to create some funny stories. Oh, wait, I do have one. Remember the Billy Stick/Club that scared the daylights out of me in my cube? Today I notice Billy Club man (I will get his approval to call him this tomorrow) is walking around on crutches. A little noisy... not obnoxious, but I noticed it. I am in the middle of some very important, detailed, information technology work (a.k.a., checking e-mail), when suddenly a crutch comes at me out of no where! I bounced out of my chair, hit my keyboard, and had to pick my heart up of the floor before turning around to reprimand him for nearly scaring me to death. OK, so he didn't mean to frighten me, but I am jumpy, people shouldn't approach too quietly! I am going to get a bell that people have to ring before they move into my cube "bubble". Ok, that's not the funniest story, but trust me when I say I almost died today!
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny story? So. My mom goes to throw something in the garbage in the garage, or something. I couldn't say. She opens the back door and in comes this random stray dog. Not one of ours. I'm in the other room and she's like, John! John! Come get this dog! I think to myself. What dog? I go into the kitchen and here is this ugly little white dog from I don't know where. Think gram's dog. Only white. It's running around and I go near it to pick it up, and it craps on our floor. One little turd. I'm like, yikes! Mom is like, eww. So I pick it up and toss it outside. The End. I'm not sure whatever happened to the dog. Hopefully a bear ate it.
I have another funny story to tell about me babysitting. Remember to ask me about it sometime. Say, "Hey. Tell me that story about the baby and the cactus?"
Post a Comment